Nostalgic W.I.T.C.H.

Nostalgic W.I.T.C.H.

6. července 2017 v 18:40
Fifteen years have passed… Really fifteen years from the day when Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia and Hay lin entered our lives leaving a indelible mark. When I'm at comic fairs and I get approached by nostalgic readers, I'm never surprised: in that moment it is as if no time has passed… It seems to me natural to meet again there. But when I think about it that these five friends are different since then, as it transformed (Well, otherwise they wouldn't be "witch" would they?): I look closely and I understand that they have probably graduated, traveled the world, maybe they have even become mothers and, in short, they have lived their dreams. They have grown. And I can't help but to see myself in them too. Do I miss that period? I'd be lying if I said no, even if there are some regrets. This was where my mind and heart was… Well, just look at the picture to centre! I was beaming. I have this picture hanging by my desk, next to the maxi cover of Mickey the "La vera story di Novecento" by Cavazzano, a photo of me with the historian and director Gaudenzio Capelli with one my old friends, an image of The Big Lebowski and frame with small pictures of all members of my family. Evidently our friends, the witches also made its mark on my life, and not just to be in a place of honor.
Unconsciously I think W.i.t.c.h helped me find myself a bit and perhaps because I didn't expect this I could enjoy it with lightness, like a gift. Every minute lived with them, their special readers and fantastic creatures between 10 and 15 years, have been magical. In April 2001 these five magical girls to on from and soul, this gtave them identity and life. Thanks to an extraordinary team of artist and a relentless and enthusiastic editorial staff, we were for years able to tell wonderful stories hover between the real world of dreams. Making these five girls feel important to our readers, accompanying them in a small piece of their lives, walking next to them with soft steps and hugging them, not too methaporically, in a loving and vigorous embrace in all occasions where it was needed.
In the early 2000s, it seemed almost impossible communications were still paper-based, and for months and months the letters had exceded three thousand and countless meeting in the editorial office. We wanted the Witch - reader to feel that out characters told their dreams for the future, fears of not fitting in, the embarrassment of a body that is changing. They showed the way and were always ready to give advice.
The phenomenon WITCH has been analyzed and dissected by experts and professionals. It was not only in Italy that the magazine was popular. It was distributed and read in various forms in 64 different countries all over the world. Trying to explain the reasons for global succes of Witch I leave to others. What I can say is that it was definetly a unique and revolutionary publishing phenomenon in the world of comics pure Disney Magic is an accurate discription.
My privilege has been to really stand by the readers, to help them grow and day after day work on rolemodels that, personally, I didn't know and didn't even think could exist in the world of magazines. In the comic books then... just thinking about it! I made the most of everything and even if I almost never get carried away by nostalgia and memories, I feel more than anything that I get absorbeiant that time. It is still with me today also in my relationship with the readers.
It is not just nostalgia, it's true but I do not deny that I sometimes wonder how they are today: Will what is she doing, if Taranee has found her way, and who will you be married to Cornelia? I thought you my dear friends who are with emotion flipping through these the first saga of the long adventure is dedicated to you.


Je to přeložené z knihy Witch Omnibus 1. Bohužel to bylo jak jinak než v italštině a já to pro vás přeložila. Líp se mi to psalo anglicky než česky, snad nevadí.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat